• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad news for nVidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well lets see how these cards ride out.... and push down ATI's prices hopefully ;)

Just give us some benches for the cards so we can finally see who is really good at what.

^
That's what I'm doing. Hopefully they'll be released in march so I can get a 5850 (which will be 25% cheaper if all goes acording to plan) before a LAN I'm going to at the start of April :D

I'm not to bothered about performance tbh since it won't affect me.

+1

Their new cards are going to be insane, I can feel it! :rock:

I can feel my wallet breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't wait and buy one.

Its going to be great for those wanting to get a reasonably price gtx200 series card (assuming nvidia lowers the price on those). I so badly wanted a gtx 285. When i heard about the upcoming releases of the HD 5xxx series I was ready to hop on a nice cheap 285 and what happened? They didn't budge.

So I got me the 5850 and didn't look back. I don't see things changing much when fermi comes out except an exchange in the EPEEN awards.

I doubt the 200 series prices will drop much till the lower spec fermi based cards come out. The top end ones should be well above anything but a 295. I expect the 295 to complete it's vanishing act, and everything else (nvidia wise) to stay where it's at.
Once they start releasing fermiish cards with the performance of a 285, the 285 will (hopefully) drop in price.

That said, despite 5xxx cards in the same ballpark as a 4830 price wise that perform better, it's price hasn't gone anywhere at all. So you never know.

Six or seven years ago when I first started posting here with grammar and spelling like a retarded 16 year old I would have dove in head first waving the banner of ATI, but at this stage in the game I honestly couldnt care less. It's always been a back and forth fight, the most important factor is timing your purchases. It's less about brand loyalty and more about wallet loyalty to me now. Besides, I've moved on the laptops, and I've been using the GTX280M for the past six months, and it's been wonderful.

Now the more important question is when will nVidia come out with a new MXM 3.0 video card for my D900F? As much as I love being able to run all of my games at 1920x1200, I'd like the be able to do it at native with 8x AA!

I agree. I will buy whichever is performing best and works best to suit my needs.

My last 2 builds have been ATI/Intel. Previously, all my builds were AMD/NVidia, then AMD/ATI.

Id like to see AMD come out with a new CPU that can compete, and bring Intel pricing down, but I dont see it happening. Id like to see NVidia release something, so ATI isnt rampaging, but that doesnt seem to be happening too quickly either.

"wallet loyalty" you said it best wraith! I'm no fanboy I just think competition among Ati and Nvidia is good for us wallet wise. At the moment my wallet is wide open waiting for the dust to settle and then I'll decide on my purchase

on a side note yeah doz Amd really does need to do something anything really because Intel prices aren't budging.

And that's exactly why you're right PeterGarcia30, if one company dominates the market, it's BAD for everyone! Look how much we are paying for Intel chips just because AMD cant get their act together with the Phenom line!

As far as I'm concerned I hope ATI and Nvidia swap the title for "fastest card evar" for every generation from here on out, all that means for me is lower prices!

But like I said before, I'm still holding out for an MXM3.0 card that's faster than the GTX280 I have right now =(

Maybe because DX11 compatible cards will be named 4XX.
Honestly they can call it whatever they want itA 9800 if it works like a charm, if not nobody will care.

It's a shame it isn't out yet, lucky for them Mass Effect 2 runs 60FPs maxed out on the 285 I have no reason to get a new card yet, but it's getting booring without them competing. Ah yes Intel should come out with Lara as well to get the market moving.

Back