• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus vs Gigabyte? Which one is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Hi i want to upgrade my comp, so i look over and decide to go for p4 northwood.

I found from the other post that Asus P4S533 is very good since sis 645 is faster than intel chipset. But i want to do O/C with this new system so i found that Gigabyte 8SRX is THE most flexible for overclocking.

How about stability? which oneis more stable. the S533 support 533mhz bus, so does that mean it is more stable if i o/c? 8SRX only support 400mhz bus right? so it should be slower than s533?

Hope you guys can give me some advice here thankx!

They are very similar but i think the gigabyte is better as much to offer! try to see the review and comparative at tomshardware.com.

thankx for the advices guys, actually it's for my cousin. I build a comp for him. ok, this is what i got: P4 2,533b, Asus P4S533, 256mb pc2700 samsung. I think P4 2,5b is a waste of money but he want it so..hehe.
I got it go very stable at 155 fsb/2945mhz(run Sisoft Sandra for 3 days, play some games too hehhe), but when i try to oc the memory (change to turbo 2-2-2-5) It cant post. So i have no idea why?

The comp is in an air conditioning room, very cold (20-23c) and also lots of case fans too hehe so i thought it can go higher. I try 157fsb it post but unstable, the temp is weird too.

The CPU: 40c, system: 20c. When i burn in i noticed that the CPU temp sometimes go to 50c, but the system temp stay still at 20c. IS this because of the hsf( i'm still using stock hsf). If its the hsf problem, what hsf is the best out there?

I'm thinking of volcano7+, but dunno see what you guys say...hehe

I also think that may be the voltage (it runs at 1.65 right now) so maybe i will do the voltmod soon.

will be updated....

Back