• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wave goodbye to the P2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walaka7

Well, the time has come. Ive fixed my brothers P2 450 and in return, it has folded for us for a couple of months. It just turned in its last WU an hour ago and has been shut down for its journey to the ranch, where it will never see an internet connection again :(

Wave goodbye to 450 mhz.. it isnt much but I, and certainly others will miss it

On the good side, when i get the new boards in i will be building a K6-2 450 and a duron rig to replace it, at least until i can get funds wired down for the dually that will eventualy sit side by side to my current xp 1900 and duron 1200.

Have a good 4th and weekend to all, and i will see you all when i get back from ranch !!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!

Sending a 'puter to live on a ranch ... is that like when my puppy had to go live on a ranch? :eh?:

<sniff>

Buh bye, 'puter ... :cry:

( ... ah c'mon ... there's no phone at the ranch? You can't configure it to auto-dial for a fresh WU every few days? :D )

I used to run a pent2 400 @ 480 mhz awhile back, and it served me well at around 11 pts per week. I still got it but is doesnt fold anymore, nor does the other two intel cpus i have laying around :(

Well ive been surfing other forums, and i may get me a couple p2 400~550mhz systems to add. altho i only have 150 bux and id still need a router. :(

:confused: bye-bye PII :cry: those K-2 suck I bet the PII would out fold it. I think they should be considered a part of the intel family but they won't have them eithier.

walaka7 said:
Well, the time has come. Ive fixed my brothers P2 450 and in return, it has folded for us for a couple of months. It just turned in its last WU an hour ago and has been shut down for its journey to the ranch, where it will never see an internet connection again :(
A computer without an internet connection?! It's called a typewriter!:)

Back