• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoroughbred XP 1900 or 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

COCOViper

Hey, anyone have any idea when we will be seeing some lower speed grade Tbreds ? I have been wanting a 1900 tbred ever since anand and the other XP2200 reviews mentioned Amd would go as low as 1700 with these. Plus I'm attending C3 at CPL this year in 2 weeks and I need a new CPU fast, i dont want to be laughed at with my growing ancient Pre-AXIA 900 @ 1.1GHz :p . Anyone have any contacts that could get us the info ?

I've been hearing that most people have been having heating problems w/ their Tbreds. Mind you, a LS TBred might not have as many problems (due to lower overall clock speed) but even so, I personally wouldn't wanna risk a possible cooling issue that I have to burn more money with.

If I was you, I'd look into picking up a nice XP 1600+ AROIA and clocking the hell out of it. That'd impress those other LANners!

i personally would never get a tbred till they get the heating probs fixed or atleast till they have better overclocking steppings. a 200mhz or less overclocking on air is not good in my opinon for .13u process.

get a 2000+ or 2100+ if you want to be guarenteed to get to around 1900mhz. if you have a agoia y 2100 that you unlock (it takes a while but i have done it. it is not hard to unlock 2100's once you know what bridges to cut) with a little luck you will prolly be able to hit 2ghz at 1.85v.

Hey COCOviper its AMD_Gamer from over at [H] and as i said the XP 2000+ i got from newegg came to me in Tbred format:) :D

dude, you had an AXIA 900MHz Athlon??

come on man, I'd kill to see a screeny of that very nice CPU!

I always thought that AXIA CPUs started @ 1GHz~1.33GHz ..

hmm

DS-Master

Thx,

Pretty wild actually...I think with the current rumors flying around about the Tbred's that some folks might be PO'd at receiving one as opposed to a Palomino considering newegg makes no mention of that CPU being a Tbred :)

DS-master, no i said "Pre-AXIA" as in font make fun of the 200MHz OC because it wasnt until AXIA hit that AMDs .18 tbirds started to OC really well. :)

Back