• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is better, a dangerden cooling cube or a heate core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h2sammo

I currently use the old dangerden cooling cube.
I was wandering if you know whether a heater core from dtek would perform better or not.

i have 2 120mm 138 cfm sunons on the radiator and a 500 gph pump, putting out ~1.2 gpm in this setup, with the maze2.

thx

:cool:

cooling cube

The cooling cubes have been proven to be quite restrictive, I am sure you would get better results with a heater core. I have the DTeck core with the shroud.

im not sure what to tell you but ive got a question as i have that same radiator. youve had two fans on it, so what did you find to be the best, the push or pull?

Arn't cooling cubes a single copper tube that winds down then up?
Have your pump push water through 10ft of tubing and see how powerful the flow out the end is.

the heatercore is better thin the DD cube. it has more channels to spread the heat better and its used for cars wich get hotter thin these computers.

I would get a heatercore, I have a DD cube and didnt like how if performed so I switched to a heatercore and its much better now.

My heater core is two large tubes connected by 20+ thin channels.
You have one tube that winds back and forth 16-20 times.
I have more surface area.

grr

I dont have any temps because at that time I switched my motherboards too so the reads would be way different. You will prolly see a 5c or so temp diffence depending on how big of heatercore you get. That DD cube is restricting a lot of water so you will take a load off your pump as well if you get a good heatercore. Maybe someone else has some temps to sure.

Back