• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Priming a via aqua 1300 for inline use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milkman

Just wanna know how tough it is to prime a via aqua 1300 for inline use, right now it's submerged but I want to go inside the case thus inline, also how well do they hold there prime? Don't want to fry my Proc, I was thinking of a closed loop setup with a filler ''T'' to do this.

Thanks guys
Mamer:)

I have looked my ViaAqua over and it looks like it has a tight seal, so I would assume it would hold quite well. I have no personal experiance with running it inline however, so take this post with a grain of salt.

In an inline system, once it's filled and the bubbles are out, there is no more priming to be done. Priming is simply displacing the air in the pump with water...none there once it's filled.
Priming it for the first time is as simple as filling the tubes as far as possible before plugging it in, though it may take a few days of run time to get all the bubbles out, as long as the pump stays quiet, there's not enough air to cause problems.

It'll let you know if it's out of water, it rattles and hums loud.

Only if there is no water going through the pump. It will over heat and die.. As long as water is traveling through the pump and there isn't a tremendous amount of air in the pump.. It'll be fine.

Back