• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now's our chance!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

Here's the opportunity we've all been waiting for. With all of Rage3d's members drooling all over themselves because of the R300 launch, we can finally crush them. Yes, over the next 30 days each and every one of their boxes will be taken down to be measured for a new video card. Rumor has it that on many of their computers the vid card will be replaced with a printout of an R300 picture. Clearly these boxes will be non-functional until the picture can be replaced with an actual video card over a month from now. Overclockers, if we can step up in this moment of opportunity, we can finally pull away from Rage once and for all.

what the heck?!?! these guys are gonna stick a picture of this video card in their agp slot so they can say they have the card till they do? and not use their computers???? this seems a little odd..

ROFL!!! this got to be a joke....
why don't we tell them to remove the HSF and put a pic of the SLK-800, and see what temp they are getting:rolleyes:

Of course this is a joke. I'll never miss an opportunity to poke a little fun at the competition.

I would imagine that some boxes may be down for a while when Rage3Ders try out the new card, but the picture thing is either very stupid or someone taking the mick...

:D
David

actually, as soon as the r300 and rv250 hit the shelve, you can bet that a lot of new people will be installing Rage3d Tweak :cool: ;)

Mulciber said:
actually, as soon as the r300 and rv250 hit the shelve, you can bet that a lot of new people will be installing Rage3d Tweak :cool: ;)

Drat! Didn't think of that...
Including F@H in Rage3D tweak was a stroke of genius by the way, wish we had thought of something like that...

David

David said:

Drat! Didn't think of that...
Including F@H in Rage3D tweak was a stroke of genius by the way, wish we had thought of something like that...

David

Now THAT is truly inspired! WTG Rage3D!

Great for the cause, but more piggy backing to include non-member teamates who have no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:

Oh well, we'll fend them off as we are now, and besides, the next generation of Geforce Ti's and the new Matrox Parhelia are still better cards :D so more people will be buying those.

Wedo

David said:
I would imagine that some boxes may be down for a while when Rage3Ders try out the new card, but the picture thing is either very stupid or someone taking the mick...

:D
David

Yeah, with a new card, some folders will put folding on hold and start playing games to see what the new card could do. But of course, some of our members are going to have boxes taken down too because some of them are ATI users.

I just like this opertunity to kick and laugh at the nVidots who just bought the latest GString and start realizing that $100 more would have gotten them the 9700. Dang i can't wait till it is shipped over.

yeah thats a pretty sneaky little trick with rage3d tweak. same thing google is doing. :rolleyes:

Mulciber said:

I know I will be ^_^

Let's keep it clean here, guys. We don't need another Folding flamewar . . .

Even without Rage3D Tweak, our production will go up significantly with new members joining the boards. Same thing happened when the 8500 was released. Before that card came out, we were 10th or something.

Back