• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT3 Ultra & Samsung 512MB pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usmc21

Is it possible to run Samsung 512MB pc3200 on the MSI KT3 Ultra Motherboard, and if so how?

MSI KT3 Ultra

AMD 2100+XP @ 1.74 mhz

Samsung 256MB pc 2700

Innovatek watercoolant system

Should work just fine,I think all you have to do is make sure it is set to 166 in the Bios,but I think it may show up as PC 2700 or 3000 I can't remember,I have the same board in the wifes puter,but I can't remember how it shows it as.

I may be wrong on that there website says it don't support PC 3200.I will try to verify.

Dave65 said:
Should work just fine,I think all you have to do is make sure it is set to 166 in the Bios,but I think it may show up as PC 2700 or 3000 I can't remember,I have the same board in the wifes puter,but I can't remember how it shows it as.

I may be wrong on that there website says it don't support PC 3200.I will try to verify.

Thanks Dave65 for the help but do you think that I should buy a Epox 8K3A+ if I want to get serious about o/c

Yes I do,the MSI board is great but if you want to get the most out of overclocking,then I would go with the Epox or there is an Abit board out there also that is a real hotrod but I can't thinks of the #s right now.
But go to AMD MOBO and check out the Abit site and the Epox,and might as well check the rest,you will only gain knowlegde from it.These guys on this site are the best and will help you as far as you need them to.
I still am new at this overclocking thing,less than a year,but what I have learned it all came from here.
Like I said MSI boards are grea stable boards,I have two and will keep them because they have treated me so good,but to go extreme there are better choices..Good Luck and if you need more info be glad to help ya;)

Hey Dave 65 thanks again for the advice ,and what do think about samsung 512mb pc3200 memory as an over clocker.:confused: I was told that it was one of the best but Iam thinking about going w/ micron

Well I haven't used Samsung,but I have heard it is good stuff.
I use Corsair PC 3000 and I love it,but I think the Samsung is as good if not better.
Is it cas2 or 2.5?

Dave65 youve been a great help, and I hope Iam not bugging you but do I need to unlock my cpu to to get the most out of it? AMD XP2100+

No problem at all,glad to help.
As far as the 2100 goes,I don't think it can be unlocked like a 1600 or an 1800,but I am not sure,I know it can be unlocked,but not sure how on that one,I would just try it unlocked and see how it goes:)

Back