• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

received my AX7 with fan, but no plastic mounting clip! now what do i do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerky

so i ordered an ax7 and i got here rather fast and the service was really good EXCEPT they didn't give me a clip for the panaflo fan to mount it onto the heat sink. does anyone know where i can find one? i called a few local pc places and they don't have any... i don't know what to do.
heeellllp!
:eek:

So the AX7 did not come with the screws? It does not use a clip to mount the fan. To mount a fan on the AX7 you use the four screws that come with it and screw the fan to the heatsink. Good Luck!

no no no. i have the four screws that came with the ax7 but there are no holes in the ax7 PERIOD... or any ax7 for that matter. and the screws they did send me don't reach from the fan to the motherboard, so i don't know wtf to do??

Jerky said:
no no no. i have the four screws that came with the ax7 but there are no holes in the ax7 PERIOD... or any ax7 for that matter. and the screws they did send me don't reach from the fan to the motherboard, so i don't know wtf to do??
You are confused. The AX-7 clips to the ziff socket. Then, you screw the fan into the sink, the screws actually screw inbetween the fins, there is no clip to hold the fan on. The screws DO NOT go through the MOBO.

dude, the screws just thread in between two of the fins and the heatsink mounts to the prongs on the motherboard with the metal clip... it is not a heatsink that is secured with bolts. Hope this helps, later :)

"Mighty" Joe Young

oh man, ok lol! i get it now.
i was like :confused: say whaaaat! lol!
thanks for the info... i must be "ax7 challenged" or something.
i can't wait to get this mutha runnin'!
schweeet!
:)

well i got the behemoth ax7 in finally, and it dropped my cpu temp from 50 to 44. i was kind of expecting more, but i guess thats what i get with the panaflo. it sure is nice and quiet compared to that hairdryer speeze i was running.
and man, that was a chore and a half just to squeeze that sucker in there.
tight fit!
time for some :beer: i feel dizzy.

heh, i think i asked the same question(s) when i got my ax-7. i was sure that something that huge had to be bolted to the board and didnt see how it could be done with the hardware they sent.

Back