• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help in deleting History in IE6...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eliminator

I'm using Win2000. I have found that many other ppl have this problem, too. I go into Tools and delete history/Temp Files/Cookies and everything "seems" deleted. But when I reload IE and search a site and check my History, all the sites that I have visited to prior have magically reappeared.

I don't use Easy CD Creator or AIM. So what could be going on? Is there an easier way to delete files? Is there a Freeware program I can DL to clean and wipe out my history files?

Thanks

try going and finding these folders and deleting the files inside that should work and then just try clearing the heistory or delete i manually by opening it selecting all then hitting delete

Maybe I should have been more clear.

The Temp Files and cookies do delete, but the histroy files return.

I'm not too sure when you say "try finding these folder and deleting the files inside".

Eliminator said:
Maybe I should have been more clear.

The Temp Files and cookies do delete, but the histroy files return.

I'm not too sure when you say "try finding these folder and deleting the files inside".
i meant jsut go into the folders and delete the files but i guess i just missunderstood what you were saying

the problem you are experiencing is that the "Today" history file is in use, so when it tries to delete it, it won't delete (or does delete, and is re-written from memory).

You can also try using TweakUI's paranoid section to clear that stuff.

Back