• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P 146 protein

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mrm1957 said:
I did the protein in 16.5 hours on my 1.4 Tbird running at 1570.
Takes about the same for protein A's.

i am doing one right now at 8.10 a frame, when it gets done, i will let you know how long it took total.

know if they can only fix the 147 p147_1L2Yunf with a deadline of 20 days and worth .6 points:confused: i am sure it has already been brought to their attention...hopefully;)

FOLD ON
NAS

Last edited:
Ugh, my dads P4 just got one of the 6 pointers. EM3 is saying 41 hours per work unit, and 26:44 minutes per frame. :( Finish date is 2 DAYS from now!

how far along are you? god my p3 866 does it in less time than that...you should be able to do that with its 20 day limit... are you sure you know that it has a 20 day limit? are you thinking it only has 4?

Its 24/100 frames. It is the 6 pointer, and its doing 1 frame every 26 minutes now. I know it has a 20 day limit, its just no protein has taken my dads machine 2 solid days to complete before.:rolleyes: I'm going to own on my 7x2 dual p3s heheheheheheheh.:beer: :D

Yea I know. But 2 DAYS!! Thats just to long to spend on the same work unit. I would have prefered that they split it in half and make 2 three pointers instead of 1 huge work unit, oh well what do I know?:rolleyes:

FoldingAddict said:
Yea I know. But 2 DAYS!! Thats just to long to spend on the same work unit. I would have prefered that they split it in half and make 2 three pointers instead of 1 huge work unit, oh well what do I know?:rolleyes:

I've seen my poor old Pentium-II/233 spend well over a WEEK chewing on one WU... two days is nothing to worry about... :p :beer:

Gator said:

I've seen my poor old Pentium-II/233 spend well over a WEEK chewing on one WU... two days is nothing to worry about... :p :beer:

hehe, I have a p120 going at a local college, it took it 9 days exactly to do a proteinA. I'll bet it will take the whole 20 days on the p146.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD I NEED AN XP!!! lol:D needed to let that out.....

or i have got to at least get my rig in my sig folding...im sure it will do this one in like 20-25 hours so maybe 12-14 min a frame? i dunno

it's taking me some 24 hours or so on my duron 900, but only cuz it's at 1071. but still, it's a long freakin WU, why didn't they give me something easy? like curing cancer? can't take much longer.

but seriously. wnat a new processor, then I'll have nearly enough to parts to build a rig exclusivley for folding and watching movies donstairs when I take it out of the closet. then with 2 rigs folding I'll get some work done.

must get new cpu, must go faster, must be stronger. I must succeed!

FoldingAddict said:
Ugh, my dads P4 just got one of the 6 pointers. EM3 is saying 41 hours per work unit, and 26:44 minutes per frame. :( Finish date is 2 DAYS from now!
How many MHZ is your dads PC? My P4 1.7 @ 2125 is doing a frame in 15.54 mins (19.35 while on the internet). There is a 13.9% difference between p146 and proteinA on this system. Seeing that a proteinA gives 1 point per 20% of work done I would say that 6 points is a fair compensation.:beer: :burn:

Back