• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird 8k3a problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I've been trying to get my computer all put back together and was wondering if any of ya'll have run into these problems. First when I unlock my chip (xp1800) the multipliers mostly work, until I get to 13, at 13 it says it's 12.5 then at 14 it goes to 6. Is this normal?

Also I'm cooling the processor with chilled water/antifreeze, if I have any of the cpu heat warnings on and I got much below about 10c it beeps kinda like a fire truck and then shutsdown. I think I've made it stop by making sure all of the temp warnings are disabled, and I know that it's not really burning up because I was monitoring the temps in windows (at about 0c) and then reset and then it wouldn't start back up anymore (until I let the water heat back up, which sux cuz it takes awhile). Once the water was above 13c it would start up fine. Has anyone else experience this?

Also just to make sure is the fire truck sounding beeping the motherboards way of saying too hot or maybe that is somethinge else? (I was just guessing that's what it was, and it seems to be, but not sure)

Thanks,

-Sidney

Last edited:
Any CPU under a 2100 will only get to a 12.5 Multi, no higher. This is normal. As far as the beeping goes, sounds weird. In the bios there is a warning temp and a shutdown temp if it gets beyond the value you set, but, it can be disabled which you said you did. Just double check and also make sure that the "shut down on fan failure" or something to that effect is disabled as well.

Thanks, that's good to know about the cpu :) The beeping is kinda weird, hopefully it's gone away now that I disabled everything. I did notice that when watching my sensors in mb monitor that they would sometimes jump to weird temperatures.(well actually just while I was setting up mb monitor, then after I stopped messing with it they stayed pretty constant).

Seems like they didn't design this motherboard for freezing or something. Either that or maybe my dielectric grease is messing with stuff (I know it's not supposed to but I don't trust that stuff being in my socket holes)

-Sidney

Back