• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinXP Drive Folder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkCurentEfect

Registered
I have WinXP pro instaled on my system

when i starts windows it opens G:\ drive folder
i checked up the startup files and i saw this live in it
G:\ i unchecked it but it still loads it?

had a similar problem with another pc with winXP pro
dono y?

If you already deleted the reference to the G:\ drive in your Startup folder, and the drive still opens on Startup...you may also want to try this (although it sounds like you may already have): Start | Run | Type msconfig and hit ENTER or click OK | "Startup" tab | Look for a "Startup Item" or "Command" entry that contains a reference to your G:\ drive...uncheck it and click OK. You'll need to reboot for the change to take effect. ;)

Last edited:
Yes i tried that already
in computer there is no such reference for G:\ drive in startup items

but in the other computer there was so i unchecked it but some how it didnt work and windows checked it back in each time i rebooted.?

This time around, instead of looking for references to the G:\ drive specifically...look for any entries in msconfig (under the "Startup" tab) with "Explorer" under "Startup Item" or "Command". If you find one there, suppress it...otherwise there may be entries in the system Registry (Programs may "autorun" due to entries in the system Registry). "Run" keys cause programs to automatically run each time that a user logs on. The WinXP Registry includes the following "Run" keys (Start | Run | Type Regedit and hit ENTER)...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Run
...and also | RunServices

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | RunOnce

Also, check this folder and its contents...

C:\Documents and Settings | All Users | Start Menu | Programs | Startup ;)

Last edited:
Thanx for the help dude, but i tried to check the registery but i didnt find any thing related to this problem and yes i tried the startup folder already?!!

BTW is that bik ur's?

What is "G:\" a reference to...a partition, CD-ROM, CD-RW, etc.? Also, a rundown of your system specs might be helpful. And yes...the bike is mine. ;)

sorry for late reply

It's one of my HDD partitions...

Actually its the M:\ (drive) that pops up ...

cool if its your's (bike) which one is it?

Have you installed any software either to or from the M:\ drive, and what resides on that volume if anything? And again, what are your system specs?...knowing that may help us in trying to determine where the problem lies. Did you recheck the Registry for any references to the M:\ drive (under the Keys that I previously listed)?

OT...the bike is a 1995 Ducati 900SS/SP ;)

Back