• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatin 1.3a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver arrow

So far I've been able to get it to 1621.5 MHz with stock cooling and 1.55v (although bios says the chip only uses 1.50 - 1.52 ???). The temp does get up to 44°C after several hours of cpuburn.
How much should I expect out of this chip with air cooling? I'm waiting on a better cooler, which should arrive in a few days and I hope I'll be able to get it to 1700.

1621.jpg

Nice. Which board do you have it on and what is the step code you're using. If you have a TB1 (you'd only be the 2nd I know of in the forums) then you can probably take it up to 1700 no sweat.

Hey

My motherboard is MSI 694T PRO. My stepping according to wCPUID is
Family 6
Model 11
Stepping 1

Though I'm not sure what it means :)

I think B step would give a
Family 6
Model 11
Step 4
value.

SL5ZJ
= A step

I'm going to kill this friggin board!!!

Finally I get a nice chip and of course 694T has a built in limit that would only allow a max of 131.73 FSB. BAH!!!
And 131.73 already works but the chip overheats after some benchies.... with better coling 1712 MHz should work nicely...... The only problem is I'll never know how high I could go :| Damned MSI :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad: :mad:

1712.jpg

Yeah, it seriously sucks! I'm considering selling this board and buying abit's with the same chipset - which doens't have the "fsb limit". Knowing that perhaps I
might reach 1800 MHz I just can't sleep in peace :)))

Just for your information, I have seen refurb Abit VH6T motherboards at Newegg for as little as $39. For some reason, this board is often listed under the AMD Motherboard section (I don't know why).

I am not sure why peopl want to stray from the abit mobo's for OC'n the tualatins. Especially MSI! You probably cannot use the 1/4 dividers under 133fsb or more specifically with a 100fsb chip. Alot of mobo's are like that! If you set the chip to a default speed of 133fsb it may work!

Dude, I think that you can change the fsb to 133 and up. There should be a set of jumpers up near the cpu that have settings of 66-100/100-132/132-140 or so. I had an older version of that board (694 non Tualatin) that I tested for a buddy. That board is very similar to the Abit ST-6 and has pretty much the same bios. Unless they changed the board, there are a set of jumpers between the ram and the cpu socket to change the fsb settings.

TUK101 said:
Dude, I think that you can change the fsb to 133 and up. There should be a set of jumpers up near the cpu that have settings of 66-100/100-132/132-140 or so. I had an older version of that board (694 non Tualatin) that I tested for a buddy. That board is very similar to the Abit ST-6 and has pretty much the same bios. Unless they changed the board, there are a set of jumpers between the ram and the cpu socket to change the fsb settings.

Yeah that osunds like it could be what is up! But once he sets the chip to 134fsb will he be able to use the 1/4 dividers? Many mobo's do not allow that.

This is why popping up he zif and disabling the BSEL 1 pin on the mobo will make the chip run default at 133fsb. I have done it and it works! This will allow the 1/4 dividers to work cause the mopbo thinks the chip is a 133fsb chip by defualt like a PIII or PIII-s.

I've been thru this before on this forum and on MSI's and there are no jumpers anywhere as far as I know the only way to set FSB to 133 is to fold something to the mobo in order to fool it that you have a 133 FSB CPU.
But I'll recheck the entire mobo for jumpers again...
I'd love to make this mobo work on a higher FSB cause it's a really good board except for this "limit".

Interesting... My dad suddenly decided to upgrade his P1 200 MHz in about 2 weeks :))). Since he won't overclock and he's getting abit vh6t or st6, I can simply switch the boards :). Until then I need to get some serious cooling so I can try to reach 1800. I think this CPU has the potential since it only takes 1.55v to run at 1720 stable for about an hour until the stock sink overheats.

Thank's I'll keep u posted. BTW. I borrowed a Volcano 6 from a friend today and I've been running benchs all day (bout 8 hours of 100% load) and the chip works rock stable at 1712.5 MHz @ 1.55v (though MBM shows voltages 1.49 - 1.52)

Hey

I installed Asus' TUSL2-C yesterday and so far I'm stable @ 134 (in bios it's 133:)) FSB (1742 MHz). I've been running benchmarks overnight to make sure it's stable at 133 and I'm going to try going higher soon.

There's one thing - my CPU seems to have a high temps even non-overclocked, but it doesn't seem to be a problem for stability. @1300 under load it reaches like 42 - 43°C and idle it has like 38°C. @1742 it reaches 47°C. I tried checking the sink - it's only warm to the touch, the mobo is cold at the back cause it's cooled and the system's temps are 25°C. There are no "hot spots" :). And for some reason Sandra says my CPU temo is 35°C instead of 47°C (BIOS).

On the other hand my dad's Tualatin 1gig only has 25-35°C. He has Volcano 6, I have Volcano 7, we're both using Arctic Silver.

Does anyone make any sense out of this?;)

Back