• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolbits test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nikoror

I was wondering what does the coolbits test actually do. With my Riva TNT2 and my GF2MX there were no problems from this test when pushing the vid card to the max(+25%), but with the GF2Ti when I tried the max settings the PC hang. So, what does this test do?

that test demonstrate to "what happened if this setting enable"

if anything gets wrong, test means: "you mustn't use that settings"

it's making temporary overclock for looking what will happened?

ok, youre not understanding the point here...coolbits is a program to overclock your video card...the numbers you see are core and memory frequencies in mhz....there is no test....if you overclock too high, your system will crash....if you overclock within your limits it probably will not...

I think he means where you test the new settings with Coolbits after changing the clock speeds.
Yes Nikoror, Coolbits will allow you to set the card at speeds where it will immediately lock up. That is a very dangerous way to try and overclock, you can easily destroy your card that way. It is much safer to bring the speeds up from default a little at a time, and try playing a game, or running a benchmark program like 3D Mark.

Nikoror said:
I was wondering what does the coolbits test actually do.

according to Unwinder, the creator of Rivatuner, all the program does is applying the new frequencies and wait a few for making sure there is no system error in the meantime.
thats pretty much like the monitor refresh rate thing: when you apply a new one it will wait a few and then reset to the default.

repo man11 said:
Yes Nikoror, Coolbits will allow you to set the card at speeds where it will immediately lock up. That is a very dangerous way to try and overclock, you can easily destroy your card that way. It is much safer to bring the speeds up from default a little at a time, and try playing a game, or running a benchmark program like 3D Mark.
Yeah, I know that but I read somewhere that every card can pass the test on max mhz and was wondering what the test makes. Obviously not every card can do this:d

Back