• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Video On asus A7a266!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay23

ok i just built the comp... stuck in the video card(gf 4 mx440) 1 stick of 256mb ddr ram(on correct switch) and the rest(cd-rom,hdd,floppy, etc) all other pci cards and ram were not installed

anyways i turn on computer and i get NO VIDEO!? AHhh someone help quick >:\

Full system specs. Any beeps? If so, what kind of beeps. Have you tried stripping the system down to the PSU, motherboard, cpu and ram only? Of course the monitor. Have you tried reseating your video card?

I would lean more towards it being a CPU problem, either it not being seated right or not there (seeing as how you didn't mention that it was there, hey, I almost had a heart attack the first time I built a system and was testing it...hadn't put the CPU in yet).

If there are beeps, though, then it isn't a problem with the CPU...that's about the only way to tell the difference between a system with a CPU that isn't working and one that is...you don't get any beeps if it isn't working. Everything powers up nicely, though.

specs are

1.4ghz tbird(yes it is seated properly)
512mb of ddr ram(if itd show video! b ut it works well with sdram and the ddr ram the store i went to tested..)
gf4 mx440
sb live plat 5.1
2 cdroms..
1hd
1floppy
blablabla..

Try sticking another video card in there just to see if you get any video. If you don't, then try swapping CPUs. If that still doesn't work. I'm sure something is wrong with the mobo itself. You probably fried something while you were handling your mobo. good luck :)

Unplug it pull the bios battery leave it out for 5 minutes then put the battery back in and plug it back in. Then start it back up if it still doesnt work depending on what the revision is on the mother board you might need to manually set the dips on it otherwise I would pull out the cpu and make sure u didn’t crack the die. If you get it started at all make sure you update the bios when I got mine it was super buggy with the original bios.

Jay23 said:
specs are

1.4ghz tbird(yes it is seated properly)
512mb of ddr ram(if itd show video! b ut it works well with sdram and the ddr ram the store i went to tested..)
gf4 mx440
sb live plat 5.1
2 cdroms..
1hd
1floppy
blablabla..

Is that the same computer as the one thats in your sig?

Back