• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP1600 from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

Has anyone ordered and received any XP1600s from Newegg since they came back in stock this week?

What stepping did you get?

I ordered an XP1600 on 8/12 and received the following stepping:

AX1600DMT3C
AGOIA0213CPGW
Y8052180861

Will run at 143 x 10.5 = 1501 (Still need to unlock)

I also ordered one on 7/18 and received the following stepping:

AX1600DMT3C
AGOIA0213SPDW
Y8045780015

Will run at 143 x 12.5 = 1787

I am limited to 143 FSB by my KT133A motherboard.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeep.

I had to RMA mine this morning and the fastest way to get a replacement was for me to order a new one separately and get the refund for the RMA later.

BTW, that's exactly the stepping I'm returning.

What stepping are you looking for? What is the best? BTW are the thoroughbred good for overclocking?

Ordered Athlon XP 1600+ on 8/11
Received it on 8/14.....very fast shipping :)

AX1600MT3C
AGOIA 0213BPIW
Y8054481405
@ @ 1999 AMD

Yes..it's GREEN

Last edited:
Bongo264 said:
What stepping are you looking for? What is the best? BTW are the thoroughbred good for overclocking?

agoia 7 0213 green are very good doing over 2000 mhz

waiting on more info bout the aroia

I just recieved mine today and haven't installed it yet. The stepping is:

AX1600DMT3C

AGOIA0213SPQW

Y8049080823

BTW chuckerants why are you returning it? Is it a bad chip or just a bad stepping? I was allways under the impression that the AGOIA was a good stepping. Just wondering because I bought mine just for the soul purpose of overclocking.

ranger and frag

if those are both green you guys are set i think, 2 gig all the way.

ill tell you what i had to work out some kinks in my wc setup to get it

work out flow probs , and if i didnt get the block perfectly flat id freeze up.

once i got those set i got 2 no [problem

I just got a agoia 0213 y from Newegg I ordered wed.
I just heard some plp are getting the agoga y so I guess I was
lucking.

chuckerants said:

Mine was DOA. :(

From what I've read, I wouldn't mind an AGOGA or AGOIA.

The AGOGAs aren't too good. People need much more vcore to hit speeds around 1.8 GHz but I don't think you would find any from Newegg.

I just got 2 XP 1600+ cpus.

They were both AGOIA 9 0212. Not as good as the Y 0213 but I'll see how they do.

I have an AGOGA 1900 and it won't O/C for... So I picked up the 1600 AGOIA, but it's not green. Is this a bad chip for O/Cing? BTW my 1900 is green and it's a horrible O/Cer. The Y you guys are talking about, is that the Y at the begining of the 3rd set of numbers?

FRAGN'STIEN said:
I have an AGOGA 1900 and it won't O/C for... So I picked up the 1600 AGOIA, but it's not green. Is this a bad chip for O/Cing? BTW my 1900 is green and it's a horrible O/Cer. The Y you guys are talking about, is that the Y at the begining of the 3rd set of numbers?

Being green or brown will not determine how well an XP overclocks, its just the ceramic packaging. The stepping is what matters.

rnpgrosz said:

Being green or brown will not determine how well an XP overclocks, its just the ceramic packaging. The stepping is what matters.

Thats what I thought. I don't understand why the color of the organic material would make it better if it already has a good stepping.

FRAGN'STIEN said:
I have the same cpu and stepping and mine is a dog also...:eh?:

What is a good stepping to ask for when ordering?
You could ask for a AGOIA but most places including Newegg will tell you they can't guarantee what you'll get.

BTW, Fed-X delivered the new CPU at my house today - I ordered it yesterday morning. ONE more house til I get home. :(

just ordered one for my friend's new system for college. 57.99 is a steal!!

mating it with a Soltek SL-75DR4 kt266a chipset. i was going to get a Shuttle AK31A but newegg chose today to stop carrying them. :mad:

i was all ready to pick out the parts... had his dad hovering over my shoulder with the plastic at the ready and i couldn't find the board!!! i was like WTF? so i had to make a quick decision. luckily i am pretty familiar with AMD boards so i knew what to look for and i just took a minute. i had to stay in the same price range as the ak31a which was a steal at 59 bucks (new) so i went with the dr4 purple ray (71.00 free shipping).

i really don't know much of anything about soltek or their boards but they do get pretty good reviews so i went with it on the fly.

i hope everything turns out well. i don't need his dad mad at me about this...

parts in the system (super budget)

Albatron TNT2 M64 video
AMD xp 1600
Soltek SL-75DR4
Samsung 40gb 7200 rpm
Crucial pc2100 DDR
Iomega CDRW (already has)

total came to $390 shipped and will be just as fast as his dad's sony 1.8 p4 (willy, not northwood) he paid 1300 for w/monitor/printer. dam* i'm good :)

Back