• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I guess I'm an overclocker now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steelforge

AMD Athlon XP +1600 @ 150Mhz FSB X 10.5 = 1,575 Mhz
VCoreA @ 1.625
Load temp 51C

Reads as a +1900.

You can really see a difference. I'll get a Sandra up as soon as I get the screenie prog back in.

You know what's sad?

I want MORE! MORE POWER!!!

Depnding on what MoBo you have, and what you're ambient temp is, you can O/C that a lot more. You should also think about getting a better HSF.

BTW, doesn't it feel good to do something the manufacterer didn't want you to do? :)

Thanks gents.

HSF is a HHC-001. Next step is watercooling.

Ambient is a guess at 26C or 75F. Not sure of the conversion.

MoBo is a GA-7DX+. Memory is Mwave generic. Until I can get a better mem stick I don't want to push it to hard. I'm hoping to locate and purchase a PC3200 stick this weekend, but I doubt that will happen.

3D Mark says I'm at 5688 with a MX440. Not bad for $700 system.

Steelforge said:
Thanks gents.

HSF is a HHC-001. Next step is watercooling.

Ambient is a guess at 26C or 75F. Not sure of the conversion.

MoBo is a GA-7DX+. Memory is Mwave generic. Until I can get a better mem stick I don't want to push it to hard. I'm hoping to locate and purchase a PC3200 stick this weekend, but I doubt that will happen.

3D Mark says I'm at 5688 with a MX440. Not bad for $700 system.

good call on the water, thers no reason to mess with air any more.
a cheap yet effective kit for 99.00 from aquastealth.com ive used that water block and can vouch for its effectiveness

you OC'd and undervolted it! sweet!
i have my XP1600 running at normal speed but VCore is at 1.6V

BTW, you know you just blew alot of money, right? once you start you will never stop. you'll think "if i upgrade (whatever) i can get a few more Mhz out of it" that never stops. you one of us now :eek:

oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS! and GOOD LUCK! :D

Continuing project is the airflow in the case. I chopped an intake for a Mechantronics 120mm fan and modded the bezel with a series of holes live a grill, but the fan is still starved for air. I gotts drill some more.

If I get the watercooler, this weekend I hope, then all bets are off and I'm going to back her up and stress it as far as I can and then start looking at the video card. First is to get a non-generic RAM stick though.

It's kind of weird though. I idle at 46C, but only see a +5 under stress. I thought that was strange. Could that be because I undervolted?

Back