• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Folder question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Hi everyone, i just installed folding@home 3.11 graphical client. My user name is MameXP(www.overclockers.com). However i just dont know waht the team number is?
Can someone explain this to my, the team number i got is "0"

Thankx

MameXP said:
Hi everyone, i just installed folding@home 3.11 graphical client. My user name is MameXP(www.overclockers.com). However i just dont know waht the team number is?

Thankx

WELCOME TO THE FOLD!

thank for joining our team in the cause to find cures. your contribution means a lot to stanford and to the team. if there is anything we can assist you with please just fire away and we will do our best to help you:D

FOLD ON
NAS

welcome to the team!!! I myself am i new member too. if you have any concerns/quetions about folding just ask, these guys will make you feel right at home(atleast they made me feel right at home )

MameXP said:

Thankx

lol the only reason (imo) that people put the url there is so that when they reach the high numbers in the world that people will know (and advertise) that they belong to team 32!

hopefilly you will be one of those poeple!! GL!

OMG, wow i dont know i'm very welcome to the team. Thankz guys.:)
I was away for 2 days so thats why i couldnt say thankz earlier. However, i let my comp folding tho ( and yes i changed to team 32 before i went away). There is one thing, sometimes my comp only download a unit consist only 10 frame and each frame takes a very long time to fold. IS there something wrong with my comp.

BTW, DMameKid No i dont think to get high score or anything :). I just read the article from the homepage of overclockers and they said that so i thought i want to be part of the team. lol i'm a idiot.

OH, one more thing, i can have 10 pII-350 from an office near my place for 50 bucks each(without monitor). I want to use them for folding. However considering of the electric power they take, in a total of 500$ i can have a new XP1600-512ddr which can go @ 1800Mghz with AGOIA stepping. So iw onder which option can fold the best?

ps. its an off topic, how can i repost the post from others in a thread, i dont use forums much so....

THankz alot

OMG, wow i dont know i'm very welcome to the team. Thankz guys.:)
I was away for 2 days so thats why i couldnt say thankz earlier. However, i let my comp folding tho ( and yes i changed to team 32 before i went away). There is one thing, sometimes my comp only download a unit consist only 10 frame and each frame takes a very long time to fold. IS there something wrong with my comp.

glad you feel welcome here, make yourself at home:) there isn't anything wrong, two of the new proteins are only 10 frame. most others are 100, but some have been 50 and 200 too.

OH, one more thing, i can have 10 pII-350 from an office near my place for 50 bucks each(without monitor). I want to use them for folding. However considering of the electric power they take, in a total of 500$ i can have a new XP1600-512ddr which can go @ 1800Mghz with AGOIA stepping. So iw onder which option can fold the best?

personally i would go with the new comp, one reason you said being the power bill. also with the new proteins that are coming out i feel the XP would be the better option.

ps. its an off topic, how can i repost the post from others in a thread, i dont use forums much so....

hit the quote button under a post:) bottom right

FOLD ON
NAS

Back