• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi, what can I do with my p3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AaronP

After a few months of dedicated service, I think it's time to overclock my little old p3 to help keep up with the more powerful chips out there. Now basically, I have an ASUS CUV4X board running a Genuine 1-Intel Pentium III (Cu), 902 MHz, 133 FSB with standard cooling, and 1 fan. :)( i know). Is it possible to get it to 933 or even 950 without adding any extra cooling? or is there a certain level where i couldn't go on without adding extra cooling.

I've tried overclocking it via the bios setting the mhz to manual and changing the multiplier frequency but, my system hanged on me. Thanks in advanced to those who can help.

Changing the multiplier will do nothing because the multiplier is locked on Intel CPUs. You need to change the FSB.

AaronP said:
i'll start small than by going up to 910, than 915, than 920, and so forth.

Well, I wouldn't do that, pick a start to spot see if you can take it if not back it down and narrow it down that way. Going 1fsb at a time is a big waste of time.

So do you know how to take full load temperatures?

AaronP, you can easily get 933 with the stock cooling. You can get even higher if you have good ram, Like Corsair PC-133. You can get it over 1GHz probably with your board. If you are intersted in doing that, I recommend the Millinimum Thermal Glacaitor I. It runs for about 22 shipped. Also get some AS3 to keep it cool. Just my 2 cents though.

Back