• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How accurate is the temp on a P4B-533e?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EgeWorks

I've just got this board and am testing a Northwood2.0a with the standard HSF before I attach WC. Running at 2.4Ghz I'm getting idle 26C and full load at about 37C. This seems pretty low-are the temps on this board reliable?

That does indeed sound pretty low. With a 1.8A (oc'd to 2.36ghz) on the same mobo, I get about 36 idle/50 full load.

Yes, standard HSF with no AS3, just the stock Intel thermal transfer pad as well.

I should get better temps when I hook up the water cooling :)

EgeWorks said:
I just finished running Prime95 torture test for 10 hours.

ambient temp 22C
max temp 41C
average temp 38C

26ºC idle and 41ºC full load is pretty alright, since your ambient is 22ºC. :)

I must be doing something wrong. I've got my P4-1.8A running at 2340mhz (18*130). My temps are cpu: 50C, mb: 38C after running Prime95 torture test for about 8 hours. Is the temp for the mb the same as ambient temp?

Xen0n said:
I must be doing something wrong. I've got my P4-1.8A running at 2340mhz (18*130). My temps are cpu: 50C, mb: 38C after running Prime95 torture test for about 8 hours. Is the temp for the mb the same as ambient temp?
Nope. The Motherboard temperature is either measuring the temperature on your motherboard, your internal case temperature, or the Intel chipset.

And 50ºC? Is that full load?

yup. that's what i get while running the prime95 torture test. i've been using that to test stability while overclocking. does that sound high?

Xen0n said:
yup. that's what i get while running the prime95 torture test. i've been using that to test stability while overclocking. does that sound high?

It's alright. :)
What's your ambient?

duh... i think that i was smoking a bit too much last night. :cool:
i should have figured that one out myself.

my ambient/room temp is 23C/74F.

Xen0n said:
duh... i think that i was smoking a bit too much last night. :cool:
i should have figured that one out myself.

my ambient/room temp is 23C/74F.

50ºC's still pretty alright. :)

yeah, just breaking it in - don't want to fry anything. Plus I have bad RAM(PC2100 just cant cut it at 3:4).

Singapore-TWY? I used to live there. Can't beat Sim Lim tower/square:)

Back