• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filling Athlon Xp Pit Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

When filling the pits on an Athlon Xp with gap filler or super glue, do I want to scrap away the glue from everywhere else except for the actual square area of the pit or can I leave it overhanging areas going from pit to pit?

It's ok to use super glue to fill in the pits all at once. Just tape over the contacts points on both sides and fill all the pits w/ super glue. It's ok for all the pits to be practically connected through super glue as it is non-conductive.

It's the conductive paint that you need to be careful with.

hehe, thanks maxima88, uve been providing some good help lately! :)

I've had problems unlocking an XP1600+. Fill the pits (I used epoxy) and then trim it with a hobby knife so that it is flat with the surface. The problem I had was that there was a coating on the metal pins which are recessed. Only after taking a sewing needle and carefully scraping the tops of these and removing the coating, which was clearly visible under the magnifying glass, was the unlock successful. I had 3 previous attempts. I have unlocked many Duron spitfires and Athlon T'birds successfully and couldn't understand why the proc wouldn't unlock.

wax to fill the pits

I used waxed to fill the pits, light a small candle and let it drip on the L1 bidges. Filled them perfect just scraped the excess off to make it nice and flat. Worked great for me,some have used orange or yellow crayons too. Its much easier then superglue and less sticky.lol:beer:

doesn't heat cause wax to melt. how has it held up and is it still thier. dunno know if the bridges get hot enough, but sounds a little strange to use a substance with a lower melting point on a cpu. just woundering.

Back