• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a Pentium II Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have one on an old BX board doing 504 (150FSB), with 7.5% overvolt. It'll do 133FSB with the stock voltage.

takiwa said:
I have one on an old BX board doing 504 (150FSB), with 7.5% overvolt. It'll do 133FSB with the stock voltage.

I wanna see some benchies on this little gem.

sandra(cpu and mem), maybe even 3Dmark2k1SE

I'll have to install Windows back on it. Right now, I'm running Slackware on it, and it's at default because the ATI drivers for the Rage Pro that's in it won't take that high of an o/c. In 98SE, I can get it to 150 stable, but here's the kicker (you're gonna love this)...I'm running KingMax ValueRAM PC100 at that speed! lol

I'll install Windows tommorrow and run some benches for you...

ok, here's the specs:

Pentium II 350 @ 504 (142FSB, not 150...:beer: )
120mm fan cable-tied to the HS :D
Soyo-Tek SY-6BA+ III
80M Generic PC100 RAM (couldn't find the KingMAX, I think I sold it :beer: so I used this)
Sapphire ATI Rage Ultra (Rage128)

3DMark Score: 682 Bench was ran at 640x480, because the monitor I have on this machine will not support anything higher, card was at stock clk/mem, used the manufacturer's drivers...man, do you know how long it took to run this bench? the things I do for y'all :rolleyes:

I'll post the Sandra benches in a few minutes...I can't get anything but Sandra 2000 to install on it :mad: , and it's not on our network so I'll have to transfer the pics by floppy...

http://www.geocities.com/oc3dmark/math.bmp

Copy these shortcuts into your address bar ;)

These are uncompressed .bmp's (about 630K apiece for Sandra, 900K for the WCPUID) so they may take a while to load on 56K...I kept them uncompressed so you could check them for authenticity...

which 350?

SkaGoatMaster said:
How overclockable is a PII 350???

P2-350's varied all over the map as they where produced for a very long time. The earliest examples where introduced at a time when 400MHz was the top dog in Intel's lineup, and as such those early ones didn't have a lot more than 400 in them. Or Intel would have been selling 450s at that time. In addition to the core quality running out of steam just above 400 the external L2 cache modules where not fast enough to support extreme clock rate even if the core was stable.

Just like all chips, as time went on things improved. The introduction of the P2-450, then P3-500, 550, and 600 (essentially identical to the P2 family) heralded the improvement in chip quality that allows later P2-350's to clock higher. If you get one with fast cache chips.

The P3 500, 550, and 600 have small blue dies, using the same advanced process later exploited in the coppermine P3's. The latest P2-400's and even 350's also used this fabrication process. As such the core quality of these examples allows 466MHz with ease, but are generally limited by the L2 cache chips tolerance for clock speed. 500MHz is attainable, but only if look through enough to find one with fast cache chips. Fortunately by the end of the 350's production run Intel was fitting faster L2 cache chips across the board, even on the 350's. This along with the very good core quality of the latest 350's gave them a performance potential vastly greater than the earliest examples.

Back