• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Testing Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Ok this might seem like somthing dumb to ask but I found that it actualy might be somthing thats a pain in the *** thats never mentioned. Well heres the Q: After I do the unlocking procedure on my Athlon Xp 1900+ I then obiously must attach a heatsink or somthing to keep it cool while it boots up so I can see if its realy unlocked...On my gigabyte board I belive I gotta boat all the way into windows and use its EasyTune Utility to OC. But lets say the first time my unlocking failed and I boot all the way up and find out it failed and shutdown again. Well then I would have to remove the heatsink wipe off the AS3 clean and the bridges and try again. Then reaply AS3 and repeat.. To me it sound like doing all that is a real pain if it doesnt unlock the first time.. is their some easier method? Like maybe just reusing the heatpad on the heatsink each time instead of reapling AS3 since the pc is only on for a short time?

There are no shortcuts to preparing the cpu and ensuring it keeps cool.
if you are just testing then all the parameters for oc'ing are in the bios. I would suggest just a basic machine setup with only the graphics card installed and then attaching the mouse and keyboard. You can then see what multipliers the system is accepting on post. You don't even need to attach the drives to do this.

yea I guess im just gonna have to deal with that.. but I dont think my Gigabyte 7RVXP mobo has those settings in the AMI bios.. its got this EasyTune Utility that lets you overclock ur CPU, fsb and all while its actauly running in windows.. Well thats what the back of the box says.. I cant test that out yet till I unlock my cpu and my new gigabyte 7RVXP mobo arives cause I damaged the last.

Back