• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I gotta say it....I love my dual system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

valinos

Registered
I just recently got everything up and running on my dual system and it is working great. This thing is a multitasking monster. I am constantly throwing work at it and I'm still able to play games and do what I want to do without a single hiccup. I can run TSC (a DC project) and encode DivX video at the same time or encode video and play games. Anything I want. I've had 3 video streams running at one time for comparison on top of the encoding work and with 4 instances of IE open and TSC processing away and I'm still running smooth.

I just had to brag about it, but you all know what I mean. I just want to thank the people who helped me decide to go dual from all the great input and advice you gave me. You can see the specs of my rig in my sig.

Once you have a dual it'll be hard to go back to a single. The multitasking is where they really shine,but you already knew that,right? :p

Nice... I'm glad you are happy with your rig.

Don't you just hate it when you are on a single cpu system and you have to wait for that IE window to finally pop up?

funkdamonkman said:
Nice... I'm glad you are happy with your rig.

Don't you just hate it when you are on a single cpu system and you have to wait for that IE window to finally pop up?

Well, I still have to wait for IE to pop up in most cases because I'm almost always at 100% CPU usage :) Being able to encode two videos at once in the time I could normally do one is great :)

I got the power, so why waste cpu cycles? :burn:

valinos

Ya, I am on a quest to kill the floppy too, you're making a noble effort. :) <someday will need to flash that darned bios though ...... >

Did just run into a stumbling block, XP/NT requires RAID drivers to be on floppy when installing, so my friend had to borrow a floppy. :-(

My linux installed fine on raid without a floppy. COOL. :)

Back