• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding on a Inwin 500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notasparagus

Well, I am really wanting to give this modding a shot. However I am kinda cheap so I am getting a Inwin 500 case with my new computer. What do you guys think about the modding abilities of this comp? Personally, I thought it might be kinda fun to do some modding on something other than a antec/lian-li.

Last edited:
Just to clarify things a bit, that's an "S" 500, you will find inwin has several "500" cases but that are all classified by letter I own two Q500's and two A500's :)

Just an FYI, nice cases to mod incidentally.

J :cool:

Ah..

Might be fun.. A guy paid me to mod his old AT mini tower into an ATX with a window, neon, and a couple blowholes, and I enjoyed that thoroughly. I had a Inwin Q500, (back bvefore I modded at all) and it had a sweet pull-out mobo tray and stuff. If I was modding at the time, it would have been a close second in dope-ness to my modded 1040B Antec.

Rock solid chassis, but window mods tend to not go over so well. The PSU partially blocks the upper left corner if you're loking at the case withthe motherboard faced towards you, and some of the upper chassis blocks the view. You could howevfer use the chassis as a guide and only cut the sidepanel where you can actually see through to the MB.

im cheap to and paid like 50 bucks for my case, i like it, it also came with a 350 watt(i think) psu and 6 case fans, so im not complainig :)

i used that case for a comp for my friend. nice one. has built in motherboard standoffs and fits a full size atx power supply.

Back