• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which video card for my budget...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

I am willing to spoend 150$ for a video card, but 125$ is more reasonable. Now... which card for me? I plan to overclock a little, prob a little over 166fsb with 1/5 divider. Thanks

If your on a budget get one of the 8500's. The 8500LE 128MB can be bought for about 105.00 or so. The 8500DV 64MB can be bought for about 90.00. If your on a buget there the way to go. Physically you will not be able to see a difference. Benchmarking and overclocking yeah, but still cant be beat for that price.

the clock on the LE is 250/250 the clock on the 8500 is 275/275, but most of the LE's can clock at least up to 275/275

ok, on the DV which is 250/250

your GPU runs at 250MHz(kinda like my processor runs at 2200Mhz) and your memory runs at 500MHz.

on the 8500

Your GPU runs at 275Mhz and the memory runs at 550Mhz.

Your fsb on your computer only directly affects you AGP divider(which is 66MHz). You overclock the video card seperatly from your computers CPU.

yeah, and the reason that he said the memory was 250, but then posted it as 500 is because the memory is DDR. thought i'd point that out.:D

GAINWARD CARDEXPERT GEFORCE4 TI4200 64MB DDR PURE (from www.avlogic.com) $129.00 shipped!
Chaintech VideoExcel nVidia GeForce4 TI4200 (TI 4200) DDR 64MB CRT, TV-Out & DVI-Out - Retail (GT20) (from www.FTIComputer.com) $129.95 shipped!

Both of these cards are fairly good.... have fun! :)

Everyone raves about Gainward but I really don't think are "the supreme" based solely on someone's personal preference. Everyone has a different experience when it comes to the different brands and IMO, the top 4 are/were Gainward, MSI, PNY, and Visiontek, in no particular order. I would be concerned about the Gainward cards having problems but like I said, everyone experiences something different across most cards so buy with confidence. I myself have a Visiontek ti4200 and no issues other than drivers (but that is a standard occurance with GF's).

Well, I've not seen anyone here have problems with thier Visiontek or PNY cards. I've seen people have problems with the tv-out on MSI cards, and then there is the checkering problem on Gainward cards. eVGA is supposed to be an okay card but not too many people here have them.

Back