• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan chart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EBFoxbat

Registered
I am thinking of making some on/off toggles for my 5 fans. If I use DPDT toggles then I can power a red (for off) and a green (for on) LED for each fan. I was thinking of doing something original with them.

I want to print a layout of my computer, with the locations of each fan on it. I was thinking that if I print them on transparancy paper, then I could put a red and green LED behind each fan on the layout. That way, I could see at a glance, which of my fans are on and which are off. It would also make it easy for a person not knowing my computer to do turn off my fans. I plan on using 3 V LEDs that are underpowered, so that the LEDs are not very bright. I would like the layout pics to be CAD like, but I don have any CAD knowledge. I used ms paint and came up with this for the front of my modded Lian-Li PC-82.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment...suggestions.

This is kinda like a control panal for a damn...letting u see which flood gate (or fan) is open/closed (on/off)

for the LED's u don't need to under power them, get ones that r rated around 800mcd (the high the number the brighter). Always use a resister with LED's.

what is the question you are asking?

Back