• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pply who switched from AMD air to AMD water... post results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

ppl who switched from AMD air to AMD water... post results

i am going to make the jump 100% on tuesday (leaktesting all tonight and all monday) and would like to see from people if they got any increase mhz wise from makin the huge jump from air to liquid.

can you please list the CPU , what you got before, and what you got after?

i guess i can say what i have before.... right now it is a Athlon 1600+ AGOIA Y 0208 Brown UNlocked at 1.85v doing 10.5x167 (want to see how high i can get on stock multi before i go and play with different mults)

Last edited:
hmm well 9 months ago i went from air to h20. the facts are blurred but ill tell ya what i remember.

xp1600@1544 air with stock heatsink.temps 48c at load with a slight vcore increase.this was my max.i thik the stepping was crappy on the chip.and my mobo was a gigacrap 7dxr and the fsb wouldnt go over 147 ever! amdd 760 chipset is my guess.

i added h20. 1600@1664 all hardware remained the same.so i did get a 120mhz increase. the system was more stable.@load temps were 34c.

some of those facts might be blurred but none the less i did get a 120 mhz increase after i thought i had hit a brick wall.temps were better and stability was better.

to this day i will only use h20 now.my new p4 will be refridged-h20 in the final stages of my build.once u go h20 air cooling just sux!

I switched from using an Alpha PAL8045 with Sanyo fan to H2O last Feb. I am still using the same 1800+ CPU (locked). I have keep my system overclock the same, 145 FSB. My load temps using water dropped by 13C(full load now maxes out at 34C with room temp of 72F) and my comp is much quieter now.

i was 1.67ghz on air, and than 1.85ghz on h2o.(on my 1600+)

i went back to air though, the water is a pain in the ***, and the extra CPU speed made no difference in gaming.

im kinda moving past the whole having the fastest comp on the planet thing (cause im gonna be broke for awhile now):)

My overclock increased by 50Mhz. But the prime reason why I changed from aircooling was because of my load delta screamer...

Paul.

PS temperatures are now 38-40C load with a Vcore of 2.03volts.

I tried Tap Water cooling running from my water pipe with an extra line for my computer to the Waterblock Swiftech MCX462 waterblock then running out of the block to the sink. Winded up that my waterbill was $1,800 and my temps where only 4 Degrees cooler then with my noisy Swiftech MCX462-B w/delta fan. I also tried the setup with my radiator an pump an that is about the same as my swifty air cooler. These are my experiances in the last year.

the main advantages, are a temp that stays alot more steady, and the ability to run at higher voltages without so much increase in temps. and lack of a deafening fan on your h/s. i'm using a different chip than i did with the aircool setup, so i can't say the difference in o/c. i wouldn't think it would be that much, depends on how high you wanna run your voltage, most likely, you would not have the option to run core voltages in the 1.95-2.1 range with aircool. watercooled this is no problem, still. i like to keep mine south of 1.9, right now 1.85 with 40c load temp, 2.0v raises load temp to 45c.

Back