• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This Thing Too Hot Or What

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dufrain

I have a full hydraulic tower like the original alienware cases.i have a 120mm delta intake, its around 130cfm and a ystech 120mm exhaust in the top rear about 130 cfm to.i have 60mm delta 7000rpm exaust by the printer and mouse port and i have a slot exaust fan under the video card.im running a thermoengine with a 7000 rpm delta sucking into the heatsink.im using some silver grease ,not sure what brand on a xp1900.its running non overclocked on an abit nv7133r.with a room temp of 73 or 74 degrees fahrenheit,just looking around on the net im running 49c.im getting the reading with winbond hardware doctor .im using the little stock probe built in the socket.when it gets hot in the daytime and the room gets up to 80 or 85F this thing runs up over 60c.with all this cooling why is this thing so hot.whats wrong or is this temp ok,it seems everyone is running way cooler.thanx

im guessing but a baddly set heatsink, or a bad heatsink

also trying making the case pressure postive

ive heard that helps

good luck

oh and those are really high temps
same as i had when i first setup my pc with a volcano 5

so either change your hs or changes your case pressure

i have 2 xp 1800s in my dualie that ran at 49c with volcano 5s as well. funny that but i had almost no airflow compared to yours.

i recently switched from a brown 1800 to a green 1900 and its still running the same temps,maybe a couple degrees cooler and i added the silver grease so im pretty sure the heatsink is seated properly.
so you guys think i should turn the fans around.the front fan doesnt have great unrestricted airflow to it.

Back