• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeratin Max safe temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fatso

Hello.I am wondering what are the maxiumum safe temperature I can run my Celeratin at?The temp when clocked to 1600 MHz is 42-45 degrees Celsius.It runs at 1.6 Volts.

Fatso.

i've had mine running at [email protected].
it seemed to run fine.
now i run it at [email protected] i decided an extra 0.2v wasn't worth an extra 60mhz. :D

most people i've chatted with seem to think above 1.75-1.80v is getting into the danger zone. reguardless of cooling. pretty much the same as with northwoods.

EDIT: for some reason i thought you were asking about volts.
:eek:

*slap*

safe temps, well anything up 50C is not really going to cause any harm. up around 60C won't either, but it's getting towards the danger zone.
ideally you'd like to keep it under 40-45C.
when mine was running at 1.6ghz the max full load temp was usually around 35C.

Last edited:
I say if it stays stable then it is okay! The thermal shutdown features usually do not allow you to get higher than 65 deg. C but I have had a PIII 1.2GHz tualatin run at 70 deg. C by accident for about 12 hours! Of course the vcore was at 1.25v.

Under load, you should be able to keep it below 50c. Preferably, you want to be under 45c under load.

You don't want to run your Tualatin in the 60's. That's asking for trouble.

For the Tualatin Celerons, running at 1.8-1.825v is quite safe, provided that the load temps are within reasonable limits. You don't necessarily have to get the best cooling out there if you're comfortable with the temperatures.

I've been running at 1.825v on my 1.1a ever since I opened the box. I ran my 1.2GHz Celeron at 1.8v with rock solid stability at 1553MHz until I took off the IHS and killed it :(

Back