• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Gforce ti4600 Max Core Clock & Memory Clock Setting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeJa

I'm trying to overclock my new video card ( Albatron Gforce ti 4600) and as i reading the forum i noticed lots of people recomends RivaTuner to o/c the card but i would like to know what are the best settings to go for and the ones that must peopler are getting good results out of it. If you could let me know what your current settings i'll really appreciate it :D

I'll keep you posted as i o/c and run 3dMark2k1

Thanks for sharing your info!!!

Without voltage modification, Ti4600 cards should get the maximum oc around 8% to 10% for both GPU & Memory speed

With voltage modification, you can get at least 10% more speed.
Go here to check it out:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/visiontek-ti4600/

Buy some small heatsinks to cool Memory chips and the voltage generator IC mentioned in that article (Semtech CS1175 & CS1102). Believe me.... it will be much hotter, and adding some heatsinks really effective way to gain more speed and stability.
Ditto with GPU ( I used Intel Celeron 1.0A HSF ). You can use 5 minute epoxy for bonding.

Last edited:
asw7576 said:
Ditto with GPU ( I used Intel Celeron 1.0A HSF ). You can use 5 minute epoxy for bonding.

Do NOT use 5 minute epoxy to attatch a heatsink. You might as well leave the stock unit on it. You need to use a thermally conductive epoxy, as normal formulas are not intended to conduct heat and will act as an insulative layer between the chip and the heatsink.

I have never done the 5 minute epoxy thing though I suspect it would work. I have almost always superglued the heatsink/waterblock/ram heatsinks by first lapping the GPU, applying AS3 to all but the corners of the plastic then applying super glue to the corners and placing the heatsink/waterblock on. It should be noted though that even with the scores I have attained, I do not recommend this as when it is on, it is on. Never to be removed or repositioned. I just never seem to have the screws I need when I need them. Attaching to the core through the use of screws would be the method of choice. Ram, use thermal epoxy. Take Care.

10,200 - GF3 Ti200
11,500 - Radeon 8500 LE
13,917 - GF4 Ti4400 (using old drivers)
16,100 - GF4 Ti4600

Use Riva or for that matter anything you take a liking to. Most popular one (and one that I use) is Riva.

I've taken off the old RAM heatsinks that came with my CHAINTECH GT61 and replaced them with Tweakmonster sinks with artic alumina epoxy,and am using silver artic 3 on my GPU Waterblock.

I'm sure I am at my limit on my card- 383/795

Last edited:
lol

If you care at all about thermal performance, you use neither super glue nor 5 minute epoxy while real alternatives exist. There are proper thermally conductive epoxies on the market, and are not hard to find or purchase. Use them. While super glue will undoubtably hold the heatsink on, it will also undoubtably hurt heat transmission to the sink. People kill themselves to use the proper thermal compounds on the CPU, the needs of the GPU or ram chips are no different.

Back