• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have a 8k5a2+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ottoman

anyone here have one?

hows your oces?

my cpu is goin easy on the volts... only 1.775 @ 166fsb...
prob is my Vmem is upto 3.0@166

i'm running Raid 0 with 2x800jb's...

u think i'm topping out?

What's the rating of that Samsung memory? My EPoX 8K5a3+ should be here soon. My Corsair XMS 3200 Cas 2 should be here early next week I guess. I'll let you know how I come out. I might be ordering 2 xp 1600's from newegg to see if one of them o/c better than my xp 2000+ AGOIA Y. (Ordering 2 so I can hopefully get a good AROIA stepping or atleast a 1.9+ghz stepping, the 2000+ alledgedly does 1.9 already)

I'll keep you posted :)

hey morbid long time no talk...

it's pc2700... they didn't have any 3200 :(

i flashed the Bios now i'm at 167 FSB full mem timings.. and voltages at stock Vcore +.2 on Vmem...STABLE

but it wont enter windows @ 169... i don't get it :(

It could just be that the CPU is tapped for all the overclock it has. Usually those AGOIA Y's are excellent overclockers (and 1743 is nothing to scoff at), but there are the times that the chip you get just can't make it up there where others have gone (1.8+). If I do order those 2 xp 1600's from newegg (which I more than likely will), you can be sure that i'll be selling 2 chips in the classifieds soon.. along with thier successfull, stable overclocks. I wouldn't mind shipping to Canada again :)

Side note: Did you ever get those Customs charges reversed? I sure hope so. :(

maybe it's the cpu... but i hit 168mhz STABLE @ 1.75 volts...
i.e. STOCK, but then i pump 1.85 and 3.2 volts and still nothing.. doesn't even budge.
like it doesn't even fade from stable to unstable, it's a WALL, either BOOM your stable at 168 or BOOM your not booting @169...

crapola...

And yeah they got the collection agency after me, but i kept telling them no Omar resides here stop bothering me...
and unless they charged me with out asking they stopped calling...

but i just spent a grand on all this stuff, and i'm getting like 13 more mhz on the FSB and like 400 extra points in the 3dmark..floating around 8700 points...
WTF?!?! talk about money down the drain...

You said you were running raid?
Im sure i've read somewhere that raid is very sensetive to fsb increments? (due to the pci bus) Maybe thats your limiting factor?

My 8k5a3+ is running at 175fsb at the mo, with no raid. had it up to 185 but it refuses to run stably :(

raid is fine over 200 fsb

i would bet nb cooling, they oput a cheesy thermal pad under the heatsink and it doesnt work at all, take it scrub the pad off and put some compound on there

i got a major fsb boost

toddalaska said:
raid is fine over 200 fsb

i would bet nb cooling, they oput a cheesy thermal pad under the heatsink and it doesnt work at all, take it scrub the pad off and put some compound on there

i got a major fsb boost

hmm i contemplated it when i first got the board to clean NB didn't try it.... but i have to remove the mobo to get the damn thing off.... that'll take all day!

but u gotta do what u gotta do i guess :(

Yea I plan on using some Arctic Silver adhesive on the NB and prolly put a little fan on it as well... I got a 8k5a2+ arriving here tomorrow.

-YB

Back