• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2800+ Benchmarked!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
P.S Imagine the XP2800+ ocd to 2.8ghz which I believe is possible... (he has his 2200 at 2.2ghz)

TO be honest Im not sure - are these tests more CPU or GC related? He is running a reference r9700 which may be a bit slower than production cards. The GF4 could be oc'd - have to ask silver. Id like to see the 3dmark run on this 2800+ wonder if he has published....ill go searching...

I figured as much, I was looking at a certain benchmark... didn't see the other ones. I deleted my post :) It could be legit, who knows.

hehe, sorry... I was half awake while typing in this thread. I'm at work now, a little more awake thanks to some coffee. If you find his 3dMark score, let us know. :)

Yep, I reckon an Ocd one of these will whip a P4 3ghz, although an overclocked P4 3ghz may be even better - its down to cost/performance ratios I think.
Ill be getting a 2400+ soon and see what sorta OC I can get out of that, I never buy the latest chip...I got my P4 2.50ghz 400FSB C1 stepping for about 1/3rd of the price of a 2.8 533 C1 and my 2.50 will run 2.8 all day, into windows over 3.1ghz....

2400+ is the latest chip. It's just now starting to show up in markets. They paper-released it back in August. The 2800+ is still a paper release, we won't see it probably until Jan.

I would say the 2800+ is the latest chip, the 2400+ and 2600+ had the same release date, so if you are talking the latest available chip then its the 2600+.
Although the 2400 and 2600+ were described as paper launches, big OEMs did get some, they are both trickling into the reseller channel for us to buy at present, whilst as you say, we should not expect to get a 2700+ or 2800+ until Dec/Jan..unless you have contacts :D

AMD is making this like pulling teeth, it's too tedious waiting forever for the smallest things...
I want the chip now not next year.
it won't do me any good next year.

markodude said:
we should not expect to get a 2700+ or 2800+ until Dec/Jan..unless you have contacts :D

the article on the front of overclockers.com suggests that we will not see the 2800+ untill 2003 but who knows, i most cetainly do not

Theres promotion, sales, BS and benchmarks

Last edited:
Back