• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia, opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

I am about 80% sold on one of these.
you can see them at www.chip-con.com if you don't already know the prometeia, it's a subzero PC for OC'ing.
alot more controlled and less hassle then building soemthing from refridgerator parts (I would have no idea where to begin, so this is the only way I am getting in the below zero club)
just I am wondering about peoples opinion on it. :cool: ?

if your going to buy a prebuilt phase cooler prometia is the way to go. if you want a real chiller build it or contract someone here to do it for you you can get way better temps.

thats pretty expensive. personaly if i had more open access to all the parts(compressors mainly) i could build units for like 250 easily

Yeah the case-less product is a big plus imo too.

Anyway, I just read a review over at active-hardware.com or so and they got a 2.8 to 3.4... a very poor result if you ask me. Maybe AMD users can get more value from one of these cooling units... for a P4 it doesn't seem to have too much of an effect.

wheres a reliable place to buy a prometia?
I've never heard of any of these places listed on chip-cons website as resellers in america.

I think there is no doubt that the Prometeia is the best and the most advanced cooling system on the market

All Top 5 PC Mark scorers use the Prometeia cooling system, (except Kamu that use LN2 ..for a few minutes of course ;))

5_no_ORB_do_PCmark.jpg

With my P4 2.8, Abit IT7-Max2 and Prometeia I can run stable at
3.700Mhz with just 1.7v on core:)

WCPUid-3700.jpg

Anyway with the Corsair at DDR 454 (512MB XMS3200 Cas 2.5 ver. 2.1 sticks) already broke the "world record" on the PC Mark memory score :eek: http://service.madonion.com/compare?pcm=711751

Back