• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A question about case dimensions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilentWind

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering how much room there is between the motherboard tray and right side of this case:

http://www.directron.com/201tblue.html

If anyone knows, that would be great, but if not, an estimate would be perfectly fine for now.

By the way, what do you think of the case? I like it not only because it is different and good looking, but also because has a pull-out motherboard tray. Is there anything horribly wrong with it that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help!

edit: I'm posting here becasue I'm planning a mod in that space; so thats why I'm posting here and not in the cases forum... sorry about that.

Last edited:
I think about 3/4" (I measured the distance on my case which also has a slide out MOBO tray).

The case looks fine to me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if they sold them over here:(

Great!

3/4" should be plennty. My calculations tell me I should be able to get away with less than a centimeter. Of course, these calculations are still based on estimates, so it would be good to have that much space. Hopefully, there is as much room in the case I'm looking at as there is in yours.

Okay then, heres my idea: My system is going to be water-cooled. I was thinking about where to put all the components for the water-cooling, and I didn't want to just cram them all in there because it has all those windows. So, my plan is to build a very thin reservoir and put it in that area behind the motherboard. That way, I can take that usually unused space, do something usefull with it, and make it all cool-looking with running water.

What do you guys think?

Back