• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what temperature will burn the cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your temps seem a little high but there should be no probs... Stop by at AMD's homepage to check the maximum ratings of your processor... If you post any more questions here, please tell us more about your system, it will make it easier to help you... ;)

/Norrko

64c load isn't gonna burn up your chip. As long as you're not experiencing any problems, you don't have to worry about it.

If you have your heatsink on properly, you won't be able to burn your chip unless you overvolt it. You will freeze at around 60-70 celius. The only way to actually burn the chip is to overvolt it without proper cooling or have no contact whatsoever with the HSF and CPU Core.

Yodums

Highest I ever had it was before i got my Volcano 7 and it was at 68C during Morrowind. It just kicked me out and when i looked at my temp gauge it was 68 i was like HOLY @#%@#% and i shut it down. No harm done though.

i have gotte nmyn on 88c once when i forgot to trun my water cooling pump on and played a game for a while my temps were 88c and the cpu is fine thoi wouldnt advise trying it out :D

Back