• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hacker changes com port!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably plug and play rearing its ugly head.

I guess they could, but little things like that a hacker isn't going to do, thats just well, stupid. Stupid things are windows and teenagers do(But not the teenage hackers, they are a bit smarter, well when it comes to computers).

NO cuz thiz guys is a friend of mine and he's sum how got into my com and change my port. I was wondering how did he do tat, and the thought of ppl could just hack in to my com like tat even though i have a router and norton internet security, scare me a little.

Or this guys is just pluffing, i dunno how do i check to know whether my com port has been change or not.

You'd need some kind of backdoor program installed, like SubSeven, but if you have a modern AV scanner, it should have picked that up...

to my understanding, comport is the port on ur computer tat is always open.

I thought your COM port was related to the serial ports on the back of your computer, with addresses like 3F8, 2F8, 3E8, 2E8, etc...used for old modems.

It would be near impossible to change this via conventional hacking means...you'd need some sort of backdoor prog or an open administrator account enabled for someone to change things like that.

is your com port even changed? nobody is going to hack you to change your com port.

Last edited:
Well if u havent noticed any changes, and only know because he told u then he is blatently talking rubbish.

Back