• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I thought XMS3200C2 can do 200mhz at default voltages.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrackPot

I have an AMD based computer and I'm running the fsb right now at 180mhz @ 2.75 volts. Default is 2.55v. I thought these sticks are guranteed to run at the rated speed and slower at default voltage. Am I missing anything. I even relaxed my the timings and I still get Prime95 errors. Upping the voltage to 2.75v cured that. What seems to be the problem here?

Last edited:
There are many variables that could account for the low fsb. First and foremost ---what are your temps? Is your power supply up to the job? What mobo are you using? etc etc. I dont think anyone has hit the 200 fsb on air cooling. Maybe 1 or 2 ppl but it is very rare. On h20 it is still a lot of work to reach 200fsb. List some of your specs and I think some of the pros here will give you some good info.

Sorry, here's my specs:

XP1600+ AGOIA-Y 0213
Abit KX7-333R
Modded 350watt Enermax.
Watercooled

The 5v line is very stable with my mod. Hover's around 4.96-5.00v at full load. Case temp: 32c Cpu temp: 41c max. I know it's this stick of ram can take that amount of voltage but it should do this with less. Oh and BTW these are the 512mb Version of the 3200C2's if the matters.

If the memory in slot 1 or 4 try switching.
You can try setting the md drive strength to high it might help.

Last edited:
memory

Go straight to 2.75v or 2.85v for the vdimm and then complain if you can't approach 200. Did you unlock the cpu and set the multiplyer down to say about 9 or even 8.5? The best FSB you could hope for with a 1600+ is maybe around 175 on its stock 10.5 multiplyer.

180fsb on a locked XP1600+ is a great o/c and one of the highest I've seen so far. I've only gotten to 179fsb @ 10.5x.

To be able to hit 200FSB and over, you'll need to lower your multi to 8x, 8.x5 or 9x.

I'm one of the lucky ones tismedt is referring to.

crackpot, u can return ur stick to corsair if u arent satisfied. they will replace it. just tell then it doesnt run at its rated speed and voltage.

Speed

Unlock. Use 10x or 9.5x to get more FSB. I promise it'll work. You CPU is almost certainly at its upper limit.

i can run a locked athlon xp 1600 perfectly stable at 175MHz FSB even with my crap ram, i bet i could hit 180 if i had corsair pc3000 cas2... and temps aint that bad...

if you guys plan to be FSB overclocking, you should be unlocking your chips.

asking for anything more than 160fsb with a locked CPU is pushing your luck.

unlocking the CPU isnt hard, and its well worth it. i wouldnt even dream of running a locked CPU ever again:)

Thanks, guys for the help. I was planning to unlock the chip but so far my success rate is 1 out of 2. But I am in no need to reach 200fsb right now. I'm sure this chip can do 2ghz easily if and when I do a volt mod on my KX7, I've been able to boot at 185x10.5.

CrackPot said:
I have an AMD based computer and I'm running the fsb right now at 180mhz @ 2.75 volts. Default is 2.55v. I thought these sticks are guranteed to run at the rated speed and slower at default voltage. Am I missing anything. I even relaxed my the timings and I still get Prime95 errors. Upping the voltage to 2.75v cured that. What seems to be the problem here?
i'll tell you straight up that corsair xms ram WILL NOT run at 2-2-2-5-1 speeds while set at default 2.55 volt setting (i don't care what corsair says).

i have bought 3 different sticks of the CMX 512-2700 module, and none will run stable at 2-2-2-5-1 unless i put the voltage to it. so far the one i have in my at7 will only run stable at 2.65 volts. the other stick won't run stable unless it's at 2.75 volts.
just put the voltage to it, it wont hurt it... it will make it run, and run fast it does.

btw- i have run one in an at7 and a gigabyte ga7vrxp and it needs the extra voltage in both boards.

:burn:

i got a xms 3000 c2 that won' t even do 166 2-2-2 com2 @ 2.6v!! anything above 172 it is as unstable as hell, no mater the voltage i pure on...Cas2?! in my dream!! Now i am as mad as a cow can get it when it got da disease... my samsung can handle the chip to as high as 180 2-2-2 Com2 no problem and it costs like 30 dollars less than the damn corsair....i am very very very diapointed in xms, never will buy them again..expensive and crappy performance...:mad:

forgot to add, xp1600 locked and a7v333, and AX-7 full load 48c

Last edited:
Come on guys... the corsair is rated 2-3-3-6-2. It's no surprise that it won't hit 166 at 2-2-2-5-1!!!!!!!

I've seen people hit 215-220 when they set it at 2.5-3-3-7-2

My stick of XMS3200 C2, is running at 187FSB, at 2-2-2-6-1 @ 2.8vDimm smoothly ^_^

Crank up the voltage i say!

Back