• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime 95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveSauce

Ok, so I have the program, but how do I use it to test the stability of my comp? And is there a special overclockers version of this program? I have seen some screenshots of supposed prime95, and it looks like a window that shows all of the core and speed settings...thats not what mine looks like, heh.

When installing it, click on "Just stess testing" You have to be connected to the internet the first time for the program to talk to the server to retrieve it's tests. Then, just click on Test then "Start" or "Continue" I think it is....

This will run many tests while keeping your CPU under full load. You'll see the progress of the test scoll by as it finishes more of that certain test. It usually downloads multiple tests for a few days worth of work... but it usually downloads more often.

[EDIT] If i've got you totally confused, let me know... heh [/EDIT]

"It usually downloads multiple tests for a few days worth of work... but it usually downloads more often"

He said he wanted to test stability, not crunch numbers ;)

I just load it, go into options and select torture test. Make sure you select teh correct Mhz in the options as it assigns the number of tests accordingly.

The table that shows the cpu speed and features is new in version 22. You can get 22.9 from the Mersenne website. When you select CPU from the Options menu it will automatically detect the current processors speed, cache, etc.

Version 22 is also nice in that it will use as much memory as you specify when doing a stress test. This makes Prime a much more effective memory tester than it used to be.

Back