• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Adapter on PEP66

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMasterFlash

I am considering getting a fan adapter for my pep66 to get some more cooling out of it. The ones from millisec are much cheaper that the ones at plycon. They run for about $14.

Does anyone know how much cooling effect you can expect out of it using a Sunon 42.5cfm(80mm) fan compared to a Y.S tech 27cfm fan(60mm) I am currently using? Or is it not worth the money. It says that it does not fit coolers like the PEP or some others with end mounted fans. Is that just for people using socked mobos or for people using Slotkets?

The link is here

The fandapter will work fine on a PEP-66 that's in its original configuration. In other words, on a Slocket. I guesstimate that you'll have better performance with the Sunon 42.5 than you do with a 26 cfm YSTech.

I've read that you don't pay a "scaling" penalty with fandapters when the new fan is set to draw air up through the HS--just like the 60mm's do on Alpha PEP-66's. Why not drop us a line when you set up your new fan?

Back