• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Polishing?? For real? anyone tried it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BboySkid

Registered
Hey i was just cruisin' the net for some cooling tips and came across something that sounded a tad extreme... fan polishing to reduce noise and increase airflow

anyway, if anyone has this much time, and this much desire to eek out every cfm i would like to see if this stuff work

HTML:
http://www.gamingin3d.com/reviews/polishfan/polishfan.shtml

anyone ever tried it? post results please, hehe this looks interesting!

Polishing? What do you mean? Like sanding it down? Turtle wax? Chrome? explain?.........how would having a smother fan help? less air resistance?
It is kinda interesting? If you could post more details that would be great!!!!!!!

its a good idea but i dont know how much of a gain you would get...seems a little over kill to me...

It isn't worth it. You will maybe get .1 to .5 more cfm out of the fan. You would be better off getting a bigger better fan! :)

KaHNZa (May 31, 2001 02:47 a.m.):
It isn't worth it. You will maybe get .1 to .5 more cfm out of the fan. You would be better off getting a bigger better fan! :)

An interesting idea, but i have to agree with you, i don't think there'll much to gain from polishing the blades on the fans....could be a time consuming process as well ,for not too much gained.
regards

less air resistance, that makes it worse, the design of a fan is to catch air and propell it, this would reduce CFM

hey if you guys are so interested why dont you goto the web site i posted and maybe they'll have the info

your asking questions that have already been answered in the article on the web site in the second post

Back