• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED De-Lidding for LN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To be honest, I'm surprised that the chip can be directly weighted down with pots as heavy as venoms. But again I'm always surprised by the resiliance of our chips each time someone pushes it further than any engineer ever thought could happen. Its like being a DM in a D&D campaign where your BBG gets killed by something as simple as flung dung.

The IHS is put back on, this isn't direct die cooling

I've been using the Dancop application method also but haven't tried heating it up to 70c before cooling it down. I'm going to try a Venom and a Trex pot to see if they work better than the FI Dark.

Any info back on if the other POTs work better than the F1 Dark??? I was looking to get a T-Rex this month (Dec) to see if it fixed my problem with the z170 OCF. I was also grabbing it for later when I get a x299/TR4 setup. M_R showed me how to setup the F1 Dark for the z170 OCF so I'm in no hurry to buy a new pot.

Back