• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X when?????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is all i get outta them :(

Dear Customer,
Thanks for choosing ASUS tek.
The motherboard which you mentioned is under development by now. And you can get the newest information through our ASUS
website as soon as it released.
Best Regards,
ASUS Customer Service Center Shanghai

last i heard sometime in November maybe even early December..

Last edited:
was hoping it would come out sooner. it would make a good christmas stuffer though. sounds like this board is dope!

Orginally posted by blaze420/24/7
...sounds like this board is dope!

What type of cooling are you planning to use? Because one site that reviewed the pre-production boards said the SLK-800 and similar sized heatsinks can't fit due to the capacitors being so close to the socket. Still, maybe the production boards will have this fixed.

Yea i read that review.I must admit i was a tad disappointed in its performance :( .But it is a post production so maybe the capacitor problem and a few other little things well be fixed by the time the board hits the store's..
I'd have to go air cooled myself..I am wondering if the New Xp 333mhz fsb chip's will be out about the same time as this board?
If so man think of the potenial this combo is capable of.. :p
Guess we play the waiting game now.

I hear that .... :(
The AMD XP 333mhz chips are to come out about the same time too . :( maybe ..Rumor has it that the hammer /barton cores will hit at the 1st of the year..amd and nforce people must work out of the same building or something.. :( *hates waiting for da good stuff(*

Orignally posted by Diablo_363rd
Translation Number 1 .........How do you know that is the final board layout. :D

What's with the Translation part?

Orignally posted by Mambo
cause the picture is from a review of the final product out of the retail box

So your sure the reviewer got a Production model and not a Pre-production one that they usually send to reviewers? If so, guess I won't get this board due to the space around the socket

Hey Mambo, what was the site you got the pic from? I just wanna know if the production board will have multiplier settings or not since some reviews have said their board had no options for multies.

Thanks

Tipycol

Let me know if I am missing somthing, but, it Looks like the thermalright slk-600 and 800 should fit with the orientation of the socket since they are no wider than the socket where it is clipped on. The ax7 on the otherhand may have issues.

well im kinda dissapointed :(
i had higher hopes for the nforce2. especially in memory bandwith.
it is an improvemnt tho over my a7v333 but definatly not enough to upgrade.

Back