• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Daily Stats Suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{PMS}fishy

Could we add something to the dailly stats to show who the top 10 crunchers are, as well as who the top 25 are. Something similar to the stars in the weekleys, but less obtrusive. Maybe a single colored star? It would be nice to be able to tell who is coming up on you. I know we have the Top 100 Movers and Shakers. I just want to intergrate it into the pages. Is this something that would be difficult? Or maybe instead of 200+ units and 100+ units we had top 25 and top 50 crunchers? Just Ideas. Don't hate me.

Your suggestions didn't fall on deaf ears - just dumb ears ;) I'll try to get Sean's input on this, but he's hard to reach these days.

Ladies & Gentlemen!

This is exactly why I completely refuse to be referred to as Sean's "replacement". I am at best his trained monkey, each night I try hitting the correct keys in the correct order and if all goes well you folks end up with usable information, and I get a banana! I honestly am trying to learn more about the system in hopes of being able to give you folks some of the things you want to see, but what took Sean minutes may possible take me weeks. Sorry, whoever said "ignorance is bliss", didn't have the hopes and wishes of a SETI Team riding on very limited skills.

SkyHook

To say the least, Sean Excel skills are quite good. If we can get Ron "training" up a notvh or two he might be able to get more stuff integrated into the daily stats, but it will come with some pain :D.

As anyone who has done a casual program here and there (including an Excel macros) this little buggers are tough to crack and modify by anyone except their original programmers. You'll have to learn how did the programmer intended the utility to work and that could be an orderal by itself. We causal programmers usually don't follow the a path easily followed, specially when you program "in the fly".

So give us some input of what new info you want to see and try to see how this program work.

Possibly stars added like in the weekley for top producers. Other than that I think they are great, and prefer them over other stats by far.

Back