• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 2 MX 200 help plz, is this a video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

I am waiting for my new video card, and while I am waiting, I went out to buy a inexpensive video card at the local store, but it is an graphics accelerator, this is not a video card is it? The moniter hooks up to it, but I get no screen............on the laptop, I have the new P4PE and I am trying to get it working please answer soon. The card I am trying to use as a video card isa GeForce 2 MX200 32 mb agp graphics accelerator.......it hooks to the moniter cable.....?

yeah it's a vid card but I don't know how u r trying to hook it ut to your laptop. All you do is put in in a pci slot(i think it is pci), plug in the cable and start windows then do all the driver install stuff

Hope that helps

oops, sorry, I am trying to boot my new P4PE with it. , but I am using the laptop to accsess this forum, LOL< sorry I swhould have explained it better....... I will go back and check the connections , etc, I dont have to have the drivers installed to boot the new motherobard do I?
thank you for the help.n

With the system off, install the card.
Boot machine up. Install drivers.
Should work.
If you still don't have anything, you probably have a bad vid card.
just go exchange it.

"New" doesn't mean it works. It's suppose to...

Good Luck.

Back