• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rev. 1.1 and 2.0 differences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BomberBear

I RMAed my board because it wouldn't boot (plus i knew i was going to get the GeF4) and was wondering if the only difference was the modification to the AGP slot. If there are more differences that went uncorrected with the RMA to Gigabyte, could you let me know what they are? Thanks.

So you are saying my modified Rev. 1.1 will not have the 1/5 divider?? ERRR

BomberBear
The Rev 1.1 also has the 1/5 divider, the only Rev not to have it is the 1.0. As masitti said the 2.0 reads temps from the cpu diode and therefore support overheat protection. The other differences are all physical in that there are extra capacitors and some that have been removed and the addition of a small surface mount resistor.
Hood

ok, thanks. Hopefully my 40C idle will hold up so i dont need that overheat protection :) I'm relying on that 50,000 hours or whatever hehe

Which board model are you talking about ??

Just found this forum in my quest to solve the problem i have ...... motherboard will NOT boot ..... just fans turn slowly when i install a GF4 card ... the GF4 card works just fine though in another motherboard and like wise another GF2 card works fine.

BigDutch
What size PSU do you have? You really need more than 300W for the XP and GF4 especially with the VRX/P mobo,but the most important thing is that the combined output of the 3.3/5v rail is greater than 180W and that the PSU is able to supply clean power.
Hood

Also what Rev do you have if it is indeed the VRX/P you have.

Back