• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR suggestions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotNoV8

I've been reading allot the last few days on several forums to help select the components to build my computer that best suits my needs. What I decided to purchase is an EPoX 4PEA+ and a 2.26Ghz. I haven't decided which brand or type of RAM to buy, hence for this post. I do know that I want to get at least 512M, be it one stick or 2 x 256M. From what I have read a single stick is better if you OC. So I'll prolly go with 1 x 512 stick.

My question is, is there any particular type/brand of DDR I should be running with this mobo (single or double sided)? I'm not too familiar with DDR333, basically only know what it is. I'm not sure if there is a particular type of DDR I should get to take advantage of this feature. At the moment I'm not interested in OC'ing. But once I get my feet wet and learn a little more I'm sure I will. So I want to make sure I get RAM that I can OC. From my understanding the DRAM:CPU ratio for this mobo is limited to either, 1:1 or 4:5. So OC'n the RAM may has it's limitations.

Any suggestions would be most greatful…..

OSUmaxx said:
I couldn't be happier with my Corsair XMS 3200. I'd recommend that to anyone.

My advise is to get one stick of Corsair XMS 3200 (since your talking about a 2.26 you really dont need XMS 3500 ;)

http://www.corsairmicro.com/xms/xms_modules.html

Mushkin is also good stuff and both Corsair and Mushkin have excellent customer support and warranties.

PS welcome to the forums ;)

Back