• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Mainboards are able to run PC1066?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
toyotanova said:
Can anyone help me with this question?

Any board with the Intel 850E chipset. Examples are the Asus P4T533-C, the Gigabyte GA-8IHXP ( http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=mobos&id=150 ) and the Epox EP-4T4AU.
Note that there are two kinds of PC1066 ram; 16bit (need to be installed in pairs) and 32bits, which is sometimes referred to as PC4200. The 32bits kind will fit only in select boards, of which the Asus P4T533 is the most commonly available.

One of my TH711s is running PC1066 with no problem, but it is not officially "supported" but it runs fine, even a little overclocked.

steve

Any board can theoretically run PC1066 as long as it supports PC800 and has an ICS Clockgen (or later). For Instance, a P4T-E with an ICS Clockgen can have the RAM run at PC1066 if you OC it to 133mhz. You should use PC1066 RDRAM for that though. If you have any spare PC1066 or PC800 RDRAM, you know who to PM :) (It's me, if you didn't catch that)

Back