• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2 Duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
I was just wondering last week my father bought a new 1200 Duron that came unlocked. Is this rare by any chance or do they all come like that. Also he is having some trouble with it. When we first put it together it didn't want to boot so we took it apart put the motherboard stand off washers in and put it back together. It worked I installed the drivers for his Radeon 9000 pro and stuff. He left the next day got it home tried to turn it on and nothing. The fans work and the CD-roms light up. It's doing the same thing as when the washers were not in. The case is a Skyhawk aluminum and the HSF is a MC462. Is there any chance that from the weight off the HSF and the bouncing off the truck that it broke off the little things that the mobo stand off screw in to.

Last edited:
Is everything seated properly? All cables connected securley? Maybe you set something in the BIOS that is causing the problem, so try reseting the BIOS aswell...

I'll tell him bout the cables. As for the BIOS nothing was changed except for the FOC. I didn't want to mess with the BIOS cause he really has no idea bout computers.

Did your father's system come oc'ed? What system is it that it came unlocked? Well, I think it's good that it came unlocked already...I wish mine did.

Sometimes this can be due to faulty house power. Also, is he running it on a surge protector? SOme cheap surge protectors don't let enough current through to power the computer.

nihili

Moving a computer might have jarred something, cables, cards, memory, hsf, cpu, etc. It is difficult to say which it might be.

You might have put more mb standoffs in than you need...connecting two points on the back of the mb.

Yea he is using a surge master but it's one he borrowed at work so I don't think it's cheap cause it has a built in UPS. If I remember right it is only using four stand offs.

I had the exact same problem with my Pentium 4 Rig. It was because I overclocked it a lil too high. What I would suggest you do (if you have all the Driver CD's and what not) is unplug it, pop out that CMOS battery and keep it out for like 5-10 minutes, then put it back in. After I did that it underclocked mine (insteadof 16x it gave me 15x) so I bumped it back up in the BIOS. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the idea but it's not overclocked. Seeing as how my father knows next to nothing bout computers he has enough trouble tring to turn one on.

Back